Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Criminal Shows

So, I love to have noise in the background while I'm doing homework. Pretty often, but specifically after 10 pm, I basically have my choice of criminal TV shows (I only have a few channels). These include, but are not limited to: all the Law and Orders, all the CSIs, Life, Castle, Life on Mars, Cold Case, Criminal Minds, Without a Trace, NCIS, Numb3rs, 24, Fringe, and Eleventh Hour. (CBS seems to be the most obsessed) I can literally always rely on one of these shows to be my perfect background noise. This got me thinking, we are a sick, sick nation! We are obsessed with crime and violence!! I choose to think we just like justice, right people? For example, I sickly love the real-life story TV shows. Seriously, I'm not sure why, but I think it's the feeling of someone being caught. I like to think that people can't do anything they want and get away with it. Whenever I see a real story show that isn't solved, I really hate it. Justice needs to be done! So, there you go people, I'm justifying your sick fascination with crime shows. Just don't show me gore, I can't handle that. (NCIS gets a bit graphic...yikes)

P.S. Anyone ever seen Eleventh Hour? I watched one once and cracked up at how much they "dumbed" it down for the audience. For example, the brilliant scientist turns to another bright scientist and says, "There are traces of methamphetamine in the hair." She replies with something like, "Methamphetamine, a.k.a. meth, crank, crystal, speed."
Hahaha...Thanks for that. I was really wondering what meth was and I'm sure you cleared it up for your fellow scientist by offering street names. :)

2 comments:

  1. You are obsessed with real life drama shows, I have experienced this first hand.

    On another note, I think in reality, you do your homework for background noise, and the crime dramas are the main event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if someone was ever home at the time those shows were on, they would know that is untrue! I may watch shows like The Bachelor, but that's the main event for me, not crime dramas. They aren't as captivating!
    So come home for once at a decent hour for proof!

    ReplyDelete