Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Nodder.

Ahhh yes...the token nodder. This goes out to all the people who are students. Do you know the nodder? The nodder is the person in class who is either really engaged in the topic or is trying to appear really engaged that they nod for minutes at a time. I'm not talking just a casual nod every now and then because those can be helpful. A quick nod every now and then lets the professor know "you're listening." I'm talking about the incessant nodders who rarely take breaks.

In college, I had one of these. I couldn't even listen to the professor because this girl kept nodding her head and I couldn't stop staring at her. Why was she nodding? And furthermore, is it necessary to make a "hmm" noise, lean forward, and put a serious look on your face? I think not. But think about it, have you seen this person? I would like personal anecdotes...

No comments:

Post a Comment